- GIFT OF SOUND retains a certain level of information about our customers in order that we can process orders you place with us and provide you with a convenient service when you return to our site.
- GIFT OF SOUND are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We do not send random marketing emails to personal email addresses.
- The information you provide will never be passed on to any third party unless forced to do so by authorities under legal obligation.
- We make every effort to secure any data we hold.
- Cookies are used but only to calculate if 30 days has passed and therefore if commission is due to be paid to any associated product comparison affiliate sites.
- Customers that have explicitly expressed an interest may be contacted via email to inform them about certain offers that may be of interest to them and are given the option to unsubscribe at any time.
- Please contact us by email or by telephone if you wish to remove your registered account from our system completely or to change your preferences
1. PERSONAL DATA
1a. We collect your Personal Data through a number of sources, including:
- Purchase orders
- Website registration
- Enquiries and information provided in communications via email or by telephone
- Marketplace Sales
- Visits to and use of the website (e.g. browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation etc.)
1b. Personal Data gathered directly from customers during purchase ordering, website registration or enquiries are centrally managed in a bespoke encrypted software management system on the basis of contract as described in the GDPR. This personal data is kept for the duration of any ongoing business or software usage, and for at least six years thereafter.
1c. The type of Personal data we may hold that can be used to identify you as an individual includes your:
- mailing address
- telephone number
- payment card details
- email address
- marketing preferences
- information collected via cookies
- log-in credentials (of customer account)
- IP address.
2. HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
2a. Certain personal data, such as names, contact details and online identifying data, are required for us to supply products and services that you have purchased or requested, as well as to carry out an agreement with you or take any steps that you have requested. These actions in regard to personal data are performed on the basis of contract as described in the GDPR. Examples of this include
- receiving orders
- processing orders
- shipping products
- updating the status of your order
- contacting you to provide specific order related advice e.g. REGION CODE / PAL Format DVD differences, stock shortages or damaged stock.
- We will never use your personal data for any online marketing ventures unless you specifically request us to do so.
- We will never pass your details onto any third party unless forced to do so by authorities under legal obligation.
3. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
3a. All personal data is collected and stored in a secure manner.
3b. All website transactions are carried out using only the industry standard protocol Transport Layer Security 1.2 (TLS 1.2)
3c. SSL Labs Website Report Overall Rating A
4a. You are welcome at any time to change your preferences as to the use of your personal data.
4b. You can at any time request to be added to or thereafter subsequently removed from the receipt of any marketing information.
4c. You may as an individual, request copies of the personal data held by GIFT OF SOUND. All such communications and inquiries should be sent to email@example.com or mailed to Gift Of Sound, Howletts Farm, Evelyn Road, Chelmsford, Essex. CM3 1QQ.
4d. GIFT OF SOUND reserves the right to take all reasonable steps to verify any requests for personal data it receives.