Mosley - The Complete Series
DVD - PAL Region 2 - Dispatched Same Day
A Political Drama covering the turbulent personal and political career of Sir Oswald Mosley.
- Episode 1 -: Young Man in a Hurry ( 1918 - 1920 )
- Episode 2 -: Rules Of The Game ( 1924 - 1927 )
- Episode 3 -: Breaking The Mould ( 1929 - 1933 )
- Episode 4 -: Beyond The Pale ( 1933 - 1940 )
Jonathan Cake, Jemma Redgrave and Emma Davies star in this lavishly produced drama that follows the turbulent personal and political career of Sir Oswald Mosley. Mosley was a man women found irresistible and other men followed blindly. He was rich, brilliant and fearless, a man who should have ranked with the heroes of the centuary. Instead his personal life and political career ended in disgrace.
Once a leading politician and dashing socila figure, Mosley is now remembered as the leader of the dictatorial popularist movement in the decade before World War II. Decades after the events that brought Mosley to prominence, the man who wanted to make Britian a fascist state remains a figure of controversy.
This series charts Mosley's rise to political notoriety through his personal life. It presents a vivd portrait of a man determined to achieve power and to have frequent sexual liasons. Central to the series is Mosley's first marriage to Cimmie, daughter of Lord Curzon. He wooed and won her over but their relationship foundered on her pain and humiliation following revelations of his frequent affairs. Thereafter she died prematurely at the age of 34.
Mosley then married Diana Guiness in Nazi Germany at a time when his politics were moving to the right and he had cut himself off from the conventional political parties.
His political career had started differently, returning from the First World War he became the youngest MP in 1918and was a rising star of the Conservative Party but eventually fell out with it. He subsequently joined the Labour Party, reaching ministerial rank and was considered as a future leader of the party. Once again he fell out with his party, left and joined the New Party and then the British Union Of Fascists.
- Jonathan Cake takes the lead role
- Jemma Redgrave is Cimmie Curzon
- Emma Davies plays Diana Guinness
- Caroline Langrishe is Jane Bewley (one of Mosley's mistrisses)
- Flora Montgomery is Cimmie's sister (Baba)
- The series also features Hugh Bonneville, Roger May, Orlando Wells, Windsor Davies and Nigel Davenport
- Script by Laurence Marks and Maurice Gran
- Directed by Robert Knights
- Produced by Irving Teitelbaum
- Executive Producer is Guy Slater
USA and Overseas Buyers: - Please Note that this DVD is PAL Region 2 which means it is encoded for Europe. This means that your playback equipment must be code free and able to handle PAL format. Make sure you check your DVD player and TV to make sure before bidding.
- Certificate 15 (Suitable only for persons of 15 years and over)