Metroland John Betjeman - BBC
DVD, PAL, Region 2, Run Time: 1 Hour 4 Mins, Subtitles: English SDH
METRO-LAND (Rare DVD) is a colourful eulogy by Sir John Betjeman to the people and places served by London's Metropolitan Line.
"..One of the most delightful programmes I have ever seen.." - Chris Dunkley, THE FINANCIAL TIMES
Sir John Betjeman takes you on a journey into Metro-Land in his own eccentric and much loved style. Betjeman explores and contrasts the earlier and later ways of life while following the Neasden Nature Trail, calling in to the Pinner Village Hall and enjoying a round of golf on the great Moor Park course near rickmansworth.
Join Sir John with this quintessential guide on an unmissable journey along the Metropolitan Line from Baker Street to Quainton Road (now forgotten) - a must.
The Metropolitan Line In The News
- Footage of the Metropolitan Line extension to Stanmore (1932)
- The 1946 crash at Northwood
- The Metropolitan Line Centenary Parade at Neasden (1963)
- The last working Steam Train on the line (1971)
- The 1999 and 2000 Steam on the Met events
- The Centenary of the Uxbridge Branch (2004)
24-Page Illustrated Booklet Written by Edward Mirzoeff (Programme's Producer)
Dont Miss Our Special Offer on Other Documentaries:- The BBC Documentary Collection which includes The Ascent Of Man as well as two other wonderful BBC documentaries called Civilisation The Complete Series as well as Alistair Cooke's America which is available at an unbeatable price.
- Exempt From Certification