Memories Of The Essex Coast
DVD, PAL, Region 0
HISTORY OF LIFE ON THE ESSEX COAST IN THE 20th CENTURY
From Harwich to Brightlingsea and Mersea Island to Southend, take a journey back in time to see how life has changed for the people who live on the Essex coast.
Reminisce about the days when locals made their livelihoods from the sea and thousands of tourists flocked to seaside resorts.
See rare and fascinating footage including:
- The surrender of German U-boats at Harwich in 1918
- Cockle-picking in Leigh-on-Sea
- Horse riding on Frinton beach
- Butlins holiday camp in Clacton 1939
- Schooldays in 1950s Walton-on-the-Naze.
Using rarely seen archive film, this documentary captures THE ESSEX COAST HISTORY - Narrated by Gareth Stewardson.
- Exempt Form Classification (Exempt Form Classification)