Volvo Ocean Race 2005 to 2006 Official 2 DVD - NEW & SEALED - REGION 0
2 DVD - Runtime 4 hours 31 mins Extras 33 Mins - Region 0
RELIVE ALL THE DRAMA, SPECTACLE AND EXCITEMENT OF THE VOLVO OCEAN RACE 2005-2006
The Volvo Ocean Race is a heroic event, with intrepid crews braving the high seas to circumnavigate the globe. In order to capture the action as it happened, during this race each boat was equipped with ten on-board cameras constantly filming the adventure at sea. At the same time on-shore observational cameras were granted exclusive access to people and events both around and away from the race.
Enjoy all the action as the crews attempt to tame the beast that is the Volvo Open 70, a radical new boat design, in hostile weather and witness the historic moment when on leg 2 Cape Town to Melbourne the World sailing speed record for distance covered within 24 hours was smashed with 562.96 nautical miles achieved.
- Freeze Dried Food - A look at what the yachtsmen in the Volvo Ocean Race eat.
- Life On Board - What it is like to live aboard a racing yacht at sea.
- Helming - A look at what it is like to steer a Volvo 70
- Juan Kouyoumdjian - A profile of the designer of the winning Yacht. ABN AMRO ONE.
- The Dangers Of The Southern Ocean - From icebergs to towering seasa look at one of the most dangerous legs of the race.
- Media Man - ABN AMRO TWO's Gerd Jan Peertman shows us how the television pictures of the race are captured
- The Albatross - A look at the plight of the albatross, now under threat.
- Sailing Superstitions - An offbeat look at sailor's superstitions
- Carbon Fibre Boat Technology - The Volvo Open 70 is one of the first all carbon fibre designs but what does this mean for performance and the crew.
- Life At The Extreme - Outtakes from the DVD
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the format of this DVD it will play on any NTSC or PAL format DVD player - (Suitable for USA and CANADA)
- Exempt From Classification (Exempt From Classification)